Friday, November 20, 2009

Flashforward: Believe


This was the definitely one of the best episodes of Flashforward so far, however it still wasn't great. I immediately liked the the new character, Keiko. She is venerable, sweet, driven, and a big Jimi Hendrix fan. I found out in this episode that Bryce is one of the best characters in this show and I cared most about his story than anything else going on in this episode.

I found the ring identification thing using the video to be kind of unbelievable, but I don't know, I guess we might have technology advanced enough to do that. Anyway, they found that the ring had the Greek letter alpha which usually symbolizes the beginning of something since, I'm sure you know, it is the first letter of the Greek alphabet. Another symbol that was in last night's episode was the wheel that Keiko had on her shirt and that Bryce painted. The wheel is sometimes used as a symbol in Asian cultures to represent the wheel of Buddha. The wheel of Buddha represents Buddha's teachings and laws. The movement of the wheel can represent rapid spiritual change. I feel that this could be symbolizing when Bryce drastically changed his view of life after seeing his flashforward.

I thought that the scene in which Bryce was listening to a woman on his computer translating the phrases "How are you feeling?" and "I hope you are feeling well," as he vomits into his toilet to be kind of funny. I found that it was obvious that Bryce and Neiko's flashforward would still happen after Bryce left Japan, but the scene was still satisfying. I found this episode to be an improvement, let's just hope the improvement continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment